Welcome to Bowls Birkenhead - Not Just a Bowling Club!!
We are committed to building a stronger and more vibrant club by
working together to provide our members and the community
with better bowling and fellowship experiences according to their individual competitive and social expectations in a welcoming environment.
Last Updated: Wednesday 20 October 2021
Level 3 - step 1
- Clubrooms Closed
- Greens and Surrounds Open*
*Practice on the green,
Hand Sanitizer to be used before and after practice.
Full members only, No guests or visitors practicing or spectators on Club grounds
1. "A Green" will be used and only 4 rinks will be used
2. Only singles or pairs to be played
3. Practice will only be on Tuesday to Saturday between 11am and 5pm. 1 and half hour bookings
4. Jacks will be in a bucket with soapy water. Used jacks to be placed back in the bucket. Mats to be wiped down after use
5. All bookings to be via Joseph Korkis Phone number 0212635606
6. All Bowls NZ rules to be adhered to
7. No alcohol on licensed property
8. Club rooms and shed to remain shut (includes toilets)
Joseph will be present at all bookings
|Click on the image for further information:
Club For Hire...........Greens, Clubrooms or Both....Enquire now
Have your next function at Birkenhead Bowling Club
click here to email our Function Coordinator about the many function options available to you.
Social Membership $35, Bowling Membership from $40*
*Terms & conditions apply
For even more photos, the very latest club news, results and your comments...... "Birkenhead Bowling Club"
Bowls North Harbour's First ClubCheck Gold Award Club
Danny O'Connor (RIP)
2015 New Zealand National Men's Fours Champion
New Zealand Gold Star (10 National Tiles)
2007 New Zealand National Men's Singles Champion
2007 World Champion of Champions
2013 World Cup silver medallist
2014 New Zealand National Men's Pairs Champion
2014 New Zealand National Men's Fours Champion
New Zealand Black Jack
Gayle Melrose, Carole Fredrick (RIP), Ruth Lynch, Lisa Helmling
2012 New New Zealand National Women's Fours Champions
Peter Belliss, Richard Girvan, Lance Tasker,
Danny O'Connor (RIP)
2015 New New Zealand National Men's Fours Champions
Christeen Dalzell (Browns Bay), Daymon Pierson (Birkenhead)
2016 National 2-4-2 Mixed Pairs Champions
Mike Nagy (Birkenhead), Mike Kernaghan,
2016 World Bowls Championship Men's Fours - Gold Medal
The Birkenhead Bowling Club was founded in 1943 and has developed into
a valuable recreational, social and sporting amenity on Auckland's North
Shore. In 2009 the Club made a significant move forward in opening the
membership up to women. With this move came a number of new members and
our membership has grown. Our Club is situated in the Birkenhead Village, Birkenhead, (next to Birkenhead Primary School and across the road from Bungalow Cafe) and we are proud to be an active contributor to our community. The Club is a member of Clubs New Zealand with our members enjoying visiting privileges to approximately 300 Clubs across New Zealand and visiting privileges to many Clubs in Australia that belong to their local Club affiliation.
The club was awarded Bowls North Harbour Club of The Year 2009, 2010, 2012 & 2020.
In 2015 the Club become the first club in the Bowls North Harbour Centre to be awarded the prestigious ClubCheck Gold Award.
In recognition for providing a strong and sustainable club, based on sound business management, promotion of the sport in the local community, encouragement of community use of its facilities, the Club's continued development of facilities and bowling results.
We have a strong men's and women's membership:
- Competitive players - We have a proud history of Centre, Regional,
National and World Champions.
Grantham, 2007 World Champion of Champions Singles, 2007 New
Zealand National Men's Singles Champion, 2013 World Cup silver medallist, 2014 New
Zealand National Men's Pairs Champion, 2014 New
Zealand National Men's Fours Champion and former New
Zealand Black Jack.
Melrose and Lisa
Helmling 2012 New Zealand National Women's Fours Champions.
The late great Danny O'Connor,
2015 New Zealand National Men's Fours Champion, New Zealand Gold Star (10 National Tiles).
Leanne Chinery current Canadian International played at Birkenhead for 6 year prior to moving out of Auckland.
Reen Stratford, 2013 New Zealand National Women's Open Singles runner-up played out of Birkenhead prior to her move south.
Mike Nagy, 2016 World Bowls Championship Men's Fours Gold medallist, 2014 New
Zealand National Men's Pairs Champion and 2014 New
Zealand National Men's Fours Champion and former member of the New
Zealand Black Jacks.
Lance Tasker 2015 New Zealand National Men's Fours Champion.
New Zealand bowling legend Peter Belliss and 2015 New Zealand Men's National Fours Champion graced our greens for a couple of years.
Daymon Pierson 2016 National 2-4-2 Mixed Pairs winner. Daymon started at the club and came up through the club's 1-5 year coaching system.
- Roll up players - For those who prefer playing for fellowship
- New bowlers - Play midweek, half day, evenings, the choice
is yours. Never bowled before? No worry - we will provide you with
free coaching and a discount membership for the first year of your
- Social members - Join us and enjoy being a member of one of
North Harbour's most progressive sports/social clubs.
- Collegiate players - Intermediate & Secondary school players, for further information on becoming one of our Collegiate players contact the Club Secretary.
We have sets of club bowls available for new bowlers, social bowlers
and corporate bowlers to use.
Bowls Birkenhead is a progressive go-ahead club. Our members enjoy:
- Two of the best natural greens in Auckland.
- Excellent facilities (available for company and private functions),
- 86" HD big screen Sky Sports TV in the upsatirs lounge
- 110" big screen and projector.
- Big screen TV in the downsairs lounge
- AV system with mics and additional media inputs
- Gaming Machine Lounge with linked Jackpot
- 2 Bars
- Pool Table
- 3 x Dart Boards
- TAB facilities available
- 2 x 60" TVs - Trackside 1 & 2
- Viewing Deck overlooking the top green
- Off street parking
- A welcoming, friendly and social atmosphere.
Come and enjoy the company of friendly people:
Join Chairperson Emmie and President Randall and our members on club nights, every Friday
evening from 4pm to 7pm. See for yourself what it's all about and bring